Search for Agencies
This print out is © Bedfordshire Advice Forum
Agency Details: The Disability Resource Centre
01582 470900 (Office and advice line)
01582 470959 (Fax)
- E mail
- Organisation status
This agency is a registered charity.
- Regions Served
Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire
- We deal with the following groups
- We deal with anyone with a disability of any age and of any disability, relatives, friends and carers and professionals in Bedfordshire (including Luton).
- Opening Times
9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
9.00am - 4.45pm Friday
Disability access and parking
- Areas of law on which we give advice
Benefits, Community Care, Consumer, Discrimination, Employment
- Level of service
- Information and advice service for any disability related topic including welfare benefits. Equipment display area to try, gain advice and buy disability aids. Direct payments service. Also new for Luton - Confident Carers project.
- We deal with the following other services
- Disability Awareness training for taxi drivers
Manual Handling Training
Disability Awareness Training
Direct Payments Support services and payroll
Wheelchair Hire/Room Hire
A user led organisation providing a range of information services to people with disabilities, their families, carers and professionals. The focal point for disability services throughout Bedfordshire and Luton.
- Outreach Services Available
We have an outreach service covering Bedford, Luton and Central Bedfordshire
- Referral Procedures
Telephone to make a referral
- Extra Services
We offer an advice service for Equipment and have a large Equipment Display Area so that clients can look at equipment and purchase with confidence. We also offer benefits surgeries for form filling for Disability benefits for all ages.
'Choices' project covers Marsh Farm Area (LU3.3 postcode) and helps families, carers, young people.
- Telephone advice
- Telephone advice line available 10.00am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 4.00pm.
- Face-to-face advice
- Drop-in Day for Equipment & Information services on Wednesdays 9am - 5pm. Best to call ahead on other days to check availability.
- Other information
- We have a direct payments service in Milton Keynes.
Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Urdu, Punjabi, Gurmukhi and Spanish spoken.
Our services are free of charge.