Search for Agencies
This print out is © Bedfordshire Advice Forum
Agency Details: Citizens Advice Bedford
01234 867944 (Advice Line)
01234 346543 (Admin Line)
7a St Paul's Square
- E mail
- Organisation status
Voluntary organisation and company limited by guarantee
This agency is a registered charity.
- Regions Served
- We deal with the following groups
- All members of the public
- Opening Times
9.30am - 3.00pm, Monday to Thursday
9.30am - 12.30pm Friday
12.30 pm - 3.00pm Friday (for appointments only)
9.45am - 1.00pm Monday - Thursday
- Areas of law on which we give advice
Benefits, Community Care, Consumer, Debt, Discrimination, Employment, Family Law, Housing, Immigration
- Level of service
- General advice and information on all issues. We offer specialist casework in Debt, Welfare Benefits, Court Desk, budgeting support, Universal Credit support, Energy Best Deal initiatives.
- We deal with the following other services
- We offer Financial Capability Training. Initiative with DWP, training and support. Volunteer recruitment. Research and Campaigns (R&C)
Citizens Advice Bedford provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We provide advice and support on a wide range of subjects. We also aim, through our local and national R&C work to improve policies and practices that affect people's everyday lives. You can get help by telephone, email, webchat, online advice guide or by face to face discussion.
- Outreach Services Available
London Road Surgery (Monday)
Advice Quality Standard (AQS) - welfare benefits and debt casework. FCA regulated.
- Referral Procedures
- Extra Services
We have a small team of specialist money advice/debt caseworks and a welfare benefits caseworker for people who qualify for legal aid as well as an outreach worker assisting older people with welfare benefit and fuel allowance claims
- Telephone advice
- Telephone advice line available during office hours
- Face-to-face advice
- Advice provided through drop-in during office hours and by appointment only on Friday afternoons.
- Other information
- See www.bedfordcab.org.uk for further details.
We also have a Financial Capability Officer who is able to check utility bills to help you save money. Please contact us on 01234 867944 Monday to Thursday between 9.45 and 1pm