Search for Agencies
This print out is © Bedfordshire Advice Forum
Agency Details: Bedford Borough Council - Trading Standards and Environmental Health
01234 227487 (Main office)
08454 04 0506 (Consumer Direct)
01234 227242 (Fax)
St Paul's Square
- E mail
- through website
- http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk (for consumer advice)
- Organisation status
- Regions Served
- We deal with the following groups
- All members of the public
- Opening Times
9.00am - 4.00pm, Monday - Friday
- Areas of law on which we give advice
- Level of service
- General advice with on-going casework service
- We deal with the following other services
- Contract issues, civil law and investigation into alleged criminal offences and breaches of relevant Trading Standards legislation. Trading Standards can advise on goods bought on credit agreements and hire purchase agreements.
The role of Trading Standards is to empower and inform consumers, encourage honest business, and target rogue traders and rogue trading practices.
Website list of approved traders - www.bedfordgov.uk/tsapproved
- Outreach Services Available
- Referral Procedures
Telephone to make a referral
- Extra Services
Trading Standards offers talks and training (where resources allow) to community groups, businesses and schools on a range of Trading Standards related law. Trading Standards also offers business advice to ensure businesses in Bedford Borough comply with relevant legislation.
- Telephone advice
- Consumer Direct provides basic consumer advice for Trading Standards: 8.00am - 6.30pm, Monday - Friday and 9.00am - 1.00pm on Saturday.
- Face-to-face advice
- By appointment and by referral
- Other information
- Consumer Direct works in partnership with Trading Standards to deliver consumer advice. It's likely that, when you call Trading Standards your call will divert to Consumer Direct, or they will ask you to call so you can be given initial advice.