Search for Agencies
This print out is © Bedfordshire Advice Forum
Agency Details: Age UK Bedfordshire
01234 360510 (Information Advice and Support Service and Trading)
01234 360562 (Fax)
78 - 82 Bromham Road
- E mail
- Organisation status
This agency is a registered charity.
- Regions Served
Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire
- We deal with the following groups
- We represent everyone over the age of 50.
- Opening Times
9.00am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Areas of law on which we give advice
Benefits, Community Care, Consumer, Debt, Discrimination, Employment, Housing
- Level of service
- Information only given on Discrimination and Employment law; Benefits, Community Care, Consumer, Debt and Housing advice and casework service available.
- We deal with the following other services
- Adaptations to home, disability issues, energy efficiency, general legal issues and services, tax issues, work or volunteering, general financial issues, health issues and transport and travel.
Age UK Bedfordshire is the largest local, independent charity serving the over 50s in Bedfordshire. We provide information and advice, home helps, gardeners and handypersons and can also advise on products and services which are designed with the needs of the 50 plus in mind including insurance and personal alarms.
- Outreach Services Available
- Referral Procedures
Telephone to make a referral
- Extra Services
We can provide home helps, gardeners and handypersons to assist with jobs around the home.
We can also provide home visits to assist with filling in application forms for Attendance Allowance and Disability Living Allowance and also Direct Payments Returns.
We can also provide Support Workers who can work with clients, their families and carers on an on-going basis.
We provide a range of products and services for the over 50s such as insurance, funeral plans and aid call alarms plus an Energy (Gas and Electricity) Service to check for savings on energy bills.
We also provide a Carers Respite Service which enable carers to have time to themselves.
- Telephone advice
- During office hours
- Face-to-face advice
- Drop-in service during office hours. It is best to make an appointment to ensure an adviser is available. Home visits are available.
- Other information
- Information Advice and Support Service is free of charge except assistance with 4 weekly Direct Payment Returns.
Home Helps, Gardeners and Handy Persons charge an hourly rate - charges vary according to particular service.
Central Bedfordshire Council provide vouchers for the Carers Respite Service or this can be charged at an hourly rate. .
There is no interpreting service.