Search for Agencies
This print out is © Bedfordshire Advice Forum
Agency Details: Sight Concern Bedfordshire
01234 311555 (office)
01234 314888 (Fax)
245 Ampthill Road
- E mail
- Organisation status
This agency is a registered charity.
- Regions Served
Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire
- We deal with the following groups
- Visually impaired people
- Opening Times
Monday - Thursday, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Friday, 9.00am - 4.00pm (main office).
Monday, 11.00am - 5.00pm, Tuesday - Thursday, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Friday, 9.00am - 4.00pm, (Luton Central Library)
- Areas of law on which we give advice
Benefits, Community Care, Debt, Discrimination, Employment, Housing, Immigration
- Level of service
- General advice given on other services. Benefits support given through to representation at Tribunal.
- We deal with the following other services
- Sight Concern will advise and give information on any issue affecting people with a visual impairment including advice on low vision aids and equipment including IT.
We aim to enhance the independence and quality of life of Severely Sight Impaired (Blind) or Sight Impaired (Partially sighted) people living in Bedfordshire and Luton. We offer a range of information, advice and support services which are delivered by paid staff and volunteers.
- Outreach Services Available
Luton Central Library
St Georges Square
- Referral Procedures
Telephone to make an appointment
- Extra Services
Advocacy services, General support services, Befriending services, Training and practical support services.
- Telephone advice
- 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday - Thursday
9.00am - 4.00pm - Friday (main office).
- Face-to-face advice
- Drop-in service available and home visits provided
- Other information
- Interpreting service available via the local authority. Information leaflets and newsletter available in large print, audio, or braile. A transcription service - audio, large print and braille is charged on an individual basis. Visual awareness training available